Manholes & Monitoring Wells
- Exceeds D.O.T. Requirements - engineered for high-strength and tested to over 50,000 lbs. loads (2 1/2 time D.O.T. requirements without failure)
- Fatigue resistant - have undergone 30 year life simulation testing, with 11,000 loading cycles of 20,000 lbs. each.
- Lighweight - The FRC compostive covers weigh almost 1/3 less than steel. Lighter weight reduces back injuries, increases ease of access to manhole, and decreases shipping costs.
- Skirting - made of 1/4" rolled angle iron. Skirt is 14 gauge steel - built to handle the heaviest traffic.
- "Slide Action Cover" - Cover is removed and replaced by placing the Slide Action Handle into the plate on the cover. No bending down to remove the cover.
- Cover Options - bolted, non-bolted, and slide on models.
- Optional Kevlar covers - for extra wear protection at heavy traffic site. Available for 36" and 42" models only.
- Covers meet or exceed D.O.T. H20 load rating
- Available in heavy duty non-bolted version and a (WT) bolted version (WT includes bolts and gaskets)
- Painted rust-proof black
- 24 square inch manhole is manufactured using all welded construction. Corners are matched tight to ensure proper fit with covers.
These manholes are equipped with strong cast iron bolt-down lids to provide a "limited access", watertight seal to prevent driveway contamination from entering manhole, and a heavy duty cast iron rim for street traffic. A distinctive triangle design and words, "Do Not Fill - Test Well" are cast into the cover to meet API specifications.
- Full-size internal diameters for maximum access and working area
- Highway 20 Rated (H20) - All OPW spill containers and manholes exceed the requirements of the Highway -20 rating.
- Rugged cast iron covers and body rings
- Cast-in non-skid finish on covers
- Sturdy, extra long steel skirts
- Individually boxed for ease of handling
- Slip-resistant tread pattern
- Easy removal and replacement
- Two lifting options; Stainless Steel Recessed Handle or Key-Lift Provision
- Reduced risk of back, foot and hand injuries
- Unmatched deflection performance
- Outstanding long-term durability in rigorous cycle tests
- Three mounting options
- Unique structural fiberglass reinforcement matrix
- Water-resistant models available
- Bolt-down models available
- Interchangeable with other manufacturers’ covers
- Load rated to over three times H20
- Powder coated ring and brass bolts help to prevent rust and corrosion
- Ribbed gasket peel and stick design for easy replacement
- Roto-Lock Models - For securing a raintight connection without the need to locate threaded bolt holes in the mounting ring. The Roto-Lock offers quick and easy access, while maintaining a secure sump application.
- Retrofit Old 46" and 48" Manholes - Convert existing 46" or 48" manholes into 44CD style - Conquistador by installing a special
- Standard and Raintight Models Available -
- Raintight models include Buna-N gaskets and recessed hex-head bolts or Roto-Lock fasteners to help prevent water intrusion.
- Wide Range of Sizes - Sizes range from 8" to 48" (25 to 122 cm) to accommodate a wide range of applications. Custom sizes and configurations are also available.
- Easy Cover Removal - An integral recessed handle is included on all raintight and plain manholes 24" and larger. Manholes 42" and larger include dual recessed handles and provision for centered 1/2" - 13 threaded allen head blind plug for easy removal so that a 1/2" 13 eyebolt can be threaded into the hole for easier removal of covers.
- Highway 20 Rated (H20) - All OPW spill containers and manholes exceed the requirements of the Highway 20 rating.